Tuthill – Case (Robinson) House, Sayville, New York, 1860
This house was originally built by Benjamin Tuthill sometime between 1850 and 1860. Records show that in 1850 a Warrantee deed was signed by Willet Greene and his wife conveying the original site (Main Street, between Greene and Greeley Streets (now Avenues), Sayville, New York to Joshua Tuttle and his wife Sarah Jane. The house first appears on an 1888 map. A will read in 1901, stated that Albert Tuttle inherited the house. In 1907, Albert Tuttle sold the house to his brother-in-law John L. Case and his wife, Lizzie. Three children of this family were born and raised in this house. Through the 1930’s the Case family continued to occupy the structure. In 1946, it was sold to the Robinson’s who lived in it until the death of Lillian Robinson. In 1975, it was moved to the Grange as a gift of Anthony Yeni and Benjamin Block.